This is an excerpt from bonus episode 147b with Bennett Foddy. The full episode is available to everyone who donates to support Woodland Secrets and Stay Mean. Become a supporter today to access all bonus episodes, deleted scenes, and other special content.
Click here to listen to the full episode!
Game designer and philosopher Bennett Foddy joins merritt to talk culture morphing, game clones, and the afterlife of the author.
- Bennett Rec's: Eating grapefruit by peeling it instead of with a spoon
- merritt Rec's: Yellowcake
- Bennett Foddy Gets Under It With Tim Rogers: The Turbo Tunnel From Battletoads (1991)!
- Flappy Bird
- Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy
"What I'm trying to do is give due respect to people liking things for their own reasons, and not try to force everyone to like things the way I want them to like them. When I was thinking of Getting Over It as a narrative game, I was thinking of it as a game that would be of interest to maybe ten thousand people. And if it has to be understood as a reaction piece to be enjoyed by ten million people, it's difficult to object to that."
- Bennett Foddy on making art